Every Monday of the high school basketball season we will release our Prep Hoops Indiana Class-by-Class Rankings as well statewide “unclassed” rankings. With the first games around the state beginning tonight it is time to unveil our preseason rankings.
|1) Evansville Christian||0-0||NA|
|3) Marquette Catholic||0-0||NA|
|4) Rock Creek Academy||0-0||NA|
|7) Indianapolis Lutheran||0-0||NA|
|8) Liberty Christian||0-0||NA|
|9) Greenwood Christian||0-0||NA|
- Evansville Christian earns #1 spot due to amount of returning production and having the best player in the class in .
- Veteran returning talent at Marquette Catholic and Rock Creek get them in a tier above the rest.
- Bottom few hard to differentiate. Class 1A was a hard one as it feels VERY wide open after probably the top four teams.
|1) Brownstown Central||0-0||NA|
|4) Gary 21st Century||0-0||NA|
|5) Blackhawk Christian||0-0||NA|
|6) Park Tudor||0-0||NA|
|8) Caroll (Flora)||0-0||NA|
|9) Eastern Hancock||0-0||NA|
- Extremely deep, talented class. Brownstown Central gets the nod at preseason #1 after coming down from Class 3A where they won their sectional. Purdue commit is one of the best pure scorers in the state.
- Couldn’t get past #3 without the defending champions. Providence returns a lot in , , and others plus added junior .
- Don’t be surprised to see Park Tudor, Wapahani, or Carroll (Flora) climb these rankings over the course of the season.
|2) Mishawaka Marian||0-0||NA|
|3) Culver Academy||0-0||NA|
|5) Guerin Catholic||0-0||NA|
|7) North Daviess||0-0||NA|
|8) South Bend Washington||0-0||NA|
|10) Oak Hill||0-0||NA|
- and lead the way for a stacked NorthWood squad that won a ton of games last season. Veteran group with a lot of production returning.
- Mishawaka Marian is the defending state runner-up and returns a lot of production including leading scorer . They are a step above the rest with NorthWood in that top tier.
- South Bend Washington to the north and Scottsburg to the south are two real sleepers in Class 3A.
|2) Ben Davis||0-0||NA|
|8) North Central||0-0||NA|
- Until someone knocks them off, defending champion Cathedral deserves the #1 spot.
- Kokomo returns everything from a semi-state team, namely the most dominant player in the state in , but just don’t have the depth of talent of the teams ahead of them.
- North Central and Brownsburg are two teams in the greater Indianapolis area that could really turn some heads this season.