It’s about time to ramp up those pre-season predictions and previews. Taking a look at the 2A CWAC. We have some talented players in this league, and some of the best in the state. Mainlyfrom Ellensburg, the 6’10 Oregon St. signee. He is a uniquely skilled player who can do it all. Selah has Central WA signee . At 6’6 he is also multi-faceted and will be one of the top players in the state. Grandview and Prosser also return some key players from last year’s state tournament teams.
Grandview 18-7 (10-2 league)
Ellensburg 14-8 (8-4 league)
Prosser 15-12 (7-5 league)
East Valley Yakima 12-10 (6-6 league)
Selah 10-12 (6-6 league)
Ephrata 7-16 (3-9 league)
Othello 4-14 (2-10 league)
Pre-season All Conference
– 124 free throws made. 48 more than the next closest player and 21ppg last season. I don’t have his rebounding stats but he is a walking double double. He is tough in the open floor and gets to the basket as good as any player in 2A and beyond. He covers a lot of ground and has shoot off the dribble ability that is excellent.
– sat out games last year due to injury but has shown that he is one of the best prospects in the state in the off-season. He can handle the ball like a guard or play nasty ball in the post. He shoots threes and is the most unique of all players in the state as far as skill level for his size. He can get Ellensburg to Yakima and then some with a strong supporting class.
Pre-season 1st Team
– The most important part of the supporting class. An all league pick last season, he got 14ppg. He’s got great size at 6’5 for a guard who can score from all levels.
– 14ppg – A tough competitor with good quickness who can create in the lane or hit shots from deep. 2nd team all league pick last season.
– 12PPG – 56 3FGM- Tied for Most in league. 2nd team all league pick last season.
Jackson Pepper – So. – 12ppg – 46 3FGM. Another 2nd team pick from a year ago.
– 12.6ppg – 37 3FGM. 1st team all league last season.
Pre-season 2nd team
Preston Sluder – Sr – East Valley – 14ppg – 56 3FGM tie for most in league. 2nd team all league pick last season.
JJ Reyes – Sr. – Prosser – 55 3FGM. 2nd team all league last season season.
Hans Roberts – Sr. – Ephrata – 11ppg.
Eli Esquival So. G – East Valley – 30 3PFGM
– So. East Valley
2022-23 projected standings