Posted On: 04/25/22 10:13 PM
In case you missed it, Prep Hoops Southern California updated our 2023 Prospect Rankings earlier this week! The rankings now include 125 college prospects with a top five of , , , , and !
See where your favorite players stack up in the state by viewing the Southern California 2023 Rankings!
We have begun analyzing the rankings updates in the following articles, too:
- New 2023 Rankings are up! Here's who was added...
- WCE Easter Review CA Standouts Pt. 1
- WCE Easter Review CA Standouts Pt. 2
- WCE Easter Review CA Standouts Pt. 3
- Prep Hoops Live:Fury/Barnstormer Classic, Stevens/Rudovskii, More
- 2023 Rankings Update: Top 10 Breakdown
- 2023 Rankings Update: Six Who Can Rise
- Prep Hoops Stars: Saturday National Names
- Pangos Sweet-16: 17U Standouts
- 2023 Rankings: PG Positional Breakdown
- Made Some Noise 15U - Forwards
Things you need to know about our Prospect Rankings
How do you decide where a player gets ranked? Let us tell you.
Prep Hoops Southern California prospect rankings are compiled by our Scouts with input from high school, AAU, and college coaches who watch a ton of Southern California basketball. We put a lot of time and energy into it and we are as diligent as we can possibly be to get it right. We never intentionally set out to bury a kid or leave them off the list. We try not to be biased, other than favoring athletes with talent and a desire to get better. We work hard at being fair.
Most importantly, this list is about college potential, not current performance. Let us repeat that: This list is about college potential, not current performance. This is the big one, the factor that causes the most consternation, the most misunderstanding, especially among keenly interested parents. With that in mind, grassroots ball matters greatly. We are obviously not ignoring the high school season. It is a reality, however, that players who do not play in grassroots events that are highly attended by other collegiate prospects are diminishing their opportunity to get noticed and distinguish themselves as a recruit and therefore make the rankings.