Posted On: 09/2/21 1:44 PM
It is the second week of the rankings update and this week we are taking the time this week to put out some coverage on the 2023’s. With players raising their stock, dropping down, being added, and so much more, there is a lot to talk about based off of these rankings. Here, we a take a look at some of the highlights that stood out to me in this notebook.
Top 10 Gets Shaken Up:
- Xavier Booker Xavier Booker 6'11" | C Cathedral | 2023 State #107 Nation IN takes over the number 1 spot.
- Former number 1 spot holder, Jalen Hooks Jalen Hooks 6'6" | SF Crispus Attucks | 2023 State #48 Nation IN , fell 2 spots down and is currently sitting behind La Lumiere PG Jeremy Fears Jeremy Fears 6'1" | PG La Lumiere | 2023 State #26 Nation IN , who stayed at the number 2 spot.
- Joey Hart Joey Hart 6'5" | SG Linton-Stockton | 2023 State IN jumped nearly 30 spots to number 4 after a very impressive spring/summer.
- JaQualon Roberts JaQualon Roberts 6'7" | PF Bloomington North | 2023 State IN and Jermaine Coleman Jermaine Coleman 6'7" | SF Park Tudor | 2023 State #172 Nation IN swap places as Roberts moves up to number 5 and Coleman drops to 7th.
- Sam Orme Sam Orme 6'8" | SF Carmel | 2023 State IN jumps 10 spots to number 6. He is one guy to really watch out for these next 2 years.
- Stud lead guard Logan Imes Logan Imes 6'4" | PG Zionsville | 2023 State IN moves up one spot to number 8.
- SG Xavier Booker Xavier Booker 6'11" | C Cathedral | 2023 State #107 Nation IN takes over the number 1 spot. Former number 1 spot holder, Jalen Hooks Jalen Hooks 6'6" | SF Crispus Attucks | 2023 State #48 Nation IN , fell 2 spots down and is currently sitting behind La Lumiere PG Jeremy Fears Jeremy Fears 6'1" | PG La Lumiere | 2023 State #26 Nation IN , who stayed at the number 2 spot. Joey Hart Joey Hart 6'5" | SG Linton-Stockton | 2023 State IN jumped nearly 30 spots to number 4 after a very impressive spring/summer. JaQualon Roberts JaQualon Roberts 6'7" | PF Bloomington North | 2023 State IN and Jermaine Coleman Jermaine Coleman 6'7" | SF Park Tudor | 2023 State #172 Nation IN swap places as Roberts moves up to number 5 and Coleman drops to 7th. Sam Orme Sam Orme 6'8" | SF Carmel | 2023 State IN jumps 10 spots to number 6. He is one guy to really watch out for these next 2 years. Stud lead guard Logan Imes Logan Imes 6'4" | PG Zionsville | 2023 State IN moves up one spot to number 8. SG Joey Brown Joey Brown 6'5" | SG North Central | 2023 State IN with one of the biggest leaps in our rankings as he comes in at number 9 after sitting at number 43 last year. Gary 21st dynamic SG Ashton Williamson Ashton Williamson 6'2" | SG Gary 21st Century | 2023 State #97 Nation IN barely stays in the top 10 as he rounds it out at number 10. Was at the 3 spot last year. SGs Myles J. Colvin Myles J. Colvin 6'5" | SG Heritage Christian | 2023 State IN (11th) and Qushawn Ware Qushawn Ware 6'4" | SF Indianapolis Washington | 2023 State #237 Nation IN (12th), along with SF Jayden Pinkston Jayden Pinkston 6'6" | PF Indianapolis Tindley | 2023 State IN (13th), all fell out of the top 10. Huge Additions: Brandon Trilli Brandon Trilli 6'5" | SF Munster | 2023 State IN (SF, Munster) - He was a guy that I was super impressed with from the start. So skilled, has a wide range of how he can impact the game, consistent off the pick and roll, and just flat out tough. Sitting at 43 right now but could easily crack the top 30 at the next update. J.J. Morris J.J. Morris 6'5" | SF Argos | 2023 State IN (SF, Argos) - Coming in at number 87, Morris is a guy that probably should have been in the rankings last year. Skilled at all three levels and has the legit size and athleticism to match up with multiple spots. Expecting him to have a pretty dominate high school season. Marcus Ankney Marcus Ankney 6'3" | SG Center Grove | 2023 State IN (SG, Center Grove) - Ankney comes in at number 33 and is currently the highest ranked newcomer in the 2023 Rankings. Had a great summer and just recently had a very impressive showing at the University of Indianapolis Elite Camp. Think he is the guy with the most upside out of all the newcomers in this list. Ibrahim Diakite Ibrahim Diakite 6'8" | PF BFL Prep (Seattle, Washington) | 2023 State IN (PF, Cardinal Ritter) - Comes in at number 55 and is arguably the top big man newcomer we have here. Very interesting prospect that has legit length and the potential to be a top tier post defender. Still raw, but curious to see what he does this high school season. Nate Matelic Nate Matelic 6'5" | SG Speedway | 2023 State IN (CG, Speedway) - Matelic comes in at number 81 after an impressive sophomore season followed by a great spring and summer. A true combo guard with great size that can be consistent shooting the ball 15ft and out. Another interesting prospect that I think is in for a breakout season. Other Changes That Stand Out: Jake Davis Jake Davis 6'6" | SF Cathedral | 2023 State IN (15th) takes a 4 spot lead on Cooper Farrall Cooper Farrall 6'6" | SF Culver Academies | 2023 State IN (18th) - These two are constantly compared it seems like and are usually neck and neck when it comes to skilled wings. As of right now, Davis widens the gap just a little bit. Both guys are going to have huge years coming up is my bet. A.J. Lux A.J. Lux 6'4" | SG Crown Point | 2023 State IN (35th) drops 8 spots - I think this is one of the more controversial highlights of the updated rankings in my opinion. He had tons of huge performances over the spring and summer and most thought he would raise his stock or at the very least stay where he was at. Lux is the sleeper of the group and think he will climb his way back up. This guy always shows out when I watch him. Devon Woods Devon Woods 5'10" | PG Indianapolis Pike | 2023 State IN (43rd) jumps up 41 spots - Woods is one of the top stock risers in my opinion. Shifty, skilled, quick, handles the ball well, and so much more. Consistent scorer and most of the time seemed to be a walking bucket when I watched him. Excited to see more from him this high school season. Zane Doughty Zane Doughty 6'9" | C Ben Davis | 2023 State IN (27th) jumps up 20 spots - Doughty is a guy that is certainly intriguing. Naturally strong, runs the floor well, and can be explosive at times. Don’t know exactly what it is but feel as though there is still a little bit more that can be shown from Doughty. A player that I want to see for sure this high school season. Aidan Franks Aidan Franks 6'2" | SG Wapahani | 2023 State IN (70th) drops 11 spots - Another guy that I thought would not drop and possibly move up a little. Franks is a sniper of shooter and always looked to be money from behind the arc the few times I had watched him this summer. Like Lux, think he is guy that could climb back at the next update. Watch Out For These Players Outside Of The Top 100: Tommy Devine Tommy Devine 6'2" | SG New Albany | 2023 State IN (103rd, SG, New Albany) - Have not heard much from Devine since his transfer to New Albany but I think he will be a bigger factor this high school season as his varsity minutes start to increase. The strong SG could be in for a breakout season. Connor Hussong Connor Hussong 6'3" | SG Tipton | 2023 State IN (108th, SG, Tipton) - Hussong was one of my favorite players to watch over the summer just because of how much he seemed to have improved. Think he is one the few guys that could have made a legit case to be inside the top 100. Taysire Williams Taysire Williams 6'5" | PF Jimtown | 2023 State IN (138th, PF, Jimtown) - This is a name to get to know because this guy looked like a beast in the summer. Still a bit raw, but his dominance and ability to take over a game is what puts him on this watch list. Keegan Manowitz Keegan Manowitz 5'10" | PG Jennings County | 2023 State IN (168th, PG, Jennings County) - Manowtiz is one of the more overlooked lead guards in my opinion. Tough in every sense and has very good, controlled ball handles and can get to the rim and finish. Richard Dube Richard Dube 6'4" | SF Perry Meridian | 2023 State IN (175th, SF, Perry Meridian) - Dube was a guy that caught my eye a little when I first watched him. Incredibly athletic and has solid skill overall. Keep an eye out for this under-the-radar prospect.