Posted On: 02/19/21 6:54 PM
The Cedar City Showcase is the premier grassroots event of this weekend. Featuring 16 local teams, and 25 games, the evaluation event offers a great opportunity for players to showcase their talents. The two-day event begins on Saturday at 3 pm and concludes on Sunday evening. In this article we breakdown some of the most anticipated matchups at the event.
- Hard 2 Guard v LV Shooters 17U – Could be the premier game of the weekend. H2G is bringing one of the top PGs on the West Coast in , the shooters have one of the top rising 2022 players in the state in , add in and and the Shooters bring a loaded squad. H2G’s 17U team dominated last summer, and now face their first test of the new year. In addition to Jackson, they have to lock up the perimeter, the rebounding and rim protection of , and the defensive versatility off .
- Team Rogue v Elko – The rubber match of this 3 game series is can’t miss basketball. Elko won up in St George in December, and TR returned the favor last month in Cedar. Now they play the tiebreaker. Faith brings Eastern Washington commit, , while Elko counters with top 10 c/o 2022 stud . The game may come down to the play of , and . Williams is a rangy versatile defender, who finds ways to score, while Klekas is a heady PG and team leader.
- OTTG v Hard 2 Guard – It will be a tough night of competition for H2G. Their matchup against OTTG is dripping with intrigue. These teams know each other well and are mirror images. The staffs have worked together, and the players know each other well. The matchup should be exciting, battling with , while playing against his his high school coaches team will be fun and and banging down low should grab attention. Keep an eye on in this one as he could be the unsung hero.
- Redcats v LVXF – LVXF has a fast and athletic team. The Redcats have several small school players. I’m looking in the backcourt for this one, specifically, how do and handle the defensive pressure of ? I’m looking inside as well as the Redcats will have to find a matchup for 6’7 . The likely candidate for the Redcats is 6’4 , however c/o 2024 stud who stands at 6’6 should also spend some time on him.
- Loyalty VP v Team Rogue Freshmen – I’m looking forward to seeing the young guys. This one should be interesting. I don’t know much about the TR freshmen, but historically they run a disciplined system Loyalty features many of the top players in the c/o 2024 and 2025, including 6’6 Chris Nwuli, 6’6 , and 6’5 c/o 2024 small forward . I’m interested in seeing if the young players can keep their own discipline against a TR squad that will be jacked up to play them.