Posted On: 02/19/21 6:54 PM
The Cedar City Showcase is the premier grassroots event of this weekend. Featuring 16 local teams, and 25 games, the evaluation event offers a great opportunity for players to showcase their talents. The two-day event begins on Saturday at 3 pm and concludes on Sunday evening. In this article we breakdown some of the most anticipated matchups at the event.
- Hard 2 Guard v LV Shooters 17U – Could be the premier game of the weekend. H2G is bringing one of the top PGs on the West Coast in Tavionte Jackson Tavionte Jackson 6'1" | PG Las Vegas | 2022 State NV , the shooters have one of the top rising 2022 players in the state in Dontrell Johnson Dontrell Johnson 6'5" | SF Bonanza | 2022 State NV , add in Kiree Huie Kiree Huie 6'8" | PF Desert Valley Prep | 2021 State NV and Jaycob McBath Jaycob McBath 6'0" | PG Desert Valley Prep | 2022 State NV and the Shooters bring a loaded squad. H2G’s 17U team dominated last summer, and now face their first test of the new year. In addition to Jackson, they have Anthony Pittman Anthony Pittman 6'0" | PG Bishop Gorman | 2022 State NV to lock up the perimeter, the rebounding and rim protection of Lorenzo Moore Lorenzo Moore 6'5" | PF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV , and the defensive versatility off Donte Turner Donte Turner 6'2" | SF Cimarron | 2022 State NV .
- Team Rogue v Elko – The rubber match of this 3 game series is can’t miss basketball. Elko won up in St George in December, and TR returned the favor last month in Cedar. Now they play the tiebreaker. Faith brings Eastern Washington commit, Coleman Lemke Coleman Lemke 6'7" | PF Faith Lutheran | 2021 State NV , while Elko counters with top 10 c/o 2022 stud Michael Klekas Michael Klekas 6'3" | SF Elko | 2022 State NV . The game may come down to the play of Jackson Williams Jackson Williams 6'2" | SF Faith Lutheran | 2021 State NV , and Sean Klekas Sean Klekas 6'0" | PG Elko | 2021 State NV . Williams is a rangy versatile defender, who finds ways to score, while Klekas is a heady PG and team leader.
- OTTG v Hard 2 Guard – It will be a tough night of competition for H2G. Their matchup against OTTG is dripping with intrigue. These teams know each other well and are mirror images. The staffs have worked together, and the players know each other well. The Damion Byrd Damion Byrd 5'10" | PG Silverado | 2022 State NV Tavionte Jackson Tavionte Jackson 6'1" | PG Las Vegas | 2022 State NV matchup should be exciting, Naurese Meno Naurese Meno 6'3" | SG Losee | 2021 State NV battling with Donte Turner Donte Turner 6'2" | SF Cimarron | 2022 State NV , while playing against his his high school coaches team will be fun and Brandon Ruiz Brandon Ruiz 6'5" | C Centennial | 2021 State NV and Lorenzo Moore Lorenzo Moore 6'5" | PF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV banging down low should grab attention. Keep an eye on Christian Ware Christian Ware 6'2" | SG SLAM | 2022 State NV in this one as he could be the unsung hero.
- Redcats v LVXF – LVXF has a fast and athletic team. The Redcats have several small school players. I’m looking in the backcourt for this one, specifically, how do Lucas Walker Lucas Walker 5'11" | PG Moapa Valley | 2021 State NV and Kobe Kelley Kobe Kelley 5'10" | PG Lincoln Co | 2021 State NV handle the defensive pressure of Craig Comanche Craig Comanche 6'1" | CG Cheyenne | 2021 State NV ? I’m looking inside as well as the Redcats will have to find a matchup for 6’7 Chase Jackson Chase Jackson 6'7" | C Centennial | 2023 State NV . The likely candidate for the Redcats is 6’4 Cody Zile Cody Zile 6'4" | SF Lincoln Co | 2021 State NV , however c/o 2024 stud Robert Blandanburg Robert Blandanburg 6'6" | SF SLAM | 2024 State NV who stands at 6’6 should also spend some time on him.
- Loyalty VP v Team Rogue Freshmen – I’m looking forward to seeing the young guys. This one should be interesting. I don’t know much about the TR freshmen, but historically they run a disciplined system Loyalty features many of the top players in the c/o 2024 and 2025, including 6’6 Chris Nwuli, 6’6 Anthony Nwuli Anthony Nwuli 6'5" | PF Bishop Gorman | 2024 State NV , and 6’5 c/o 2024 small forward Pharaoh Compton Pharaoh Compton 6'5" | SF Spring Valley | 2024 State NV . I’m interested in seeing if the young players can keep their own discipline against a TR squad that will be jacked up to play them.
Enjoying the content from Prep Hoops Nevada?Subscribe For More