Posted On: 02/9/21 11:36 PM
Last week the latest version of the class of 2021 rankings were released. As the days have passed, this class has gotten deeper and deeper with talent. In this Prep Hoops Louisiana installment, we will review the rankings and take a look at some of the old and the new within this 160 member senior class.
The Top Ten
The top 10 in Louisiana had some slight changes to the order with Stephen F. Austin commit Derrick TezenoDerrickTezeno6'5" | SFNorth Central | 2021StateLA holding the top spot. Keon ColemanKeonColeman6'4" | SGOpelousas Catholic | 2021StateLA, who will play football and basketball for the Michigan State Spartans, lands at the two spot. Santa Clara signee Carlos StewartCarlosStewart6'1" | CGDunham | 2021StateLA Jr. rounds out the top three. These players have put together individual performances and seasons that have been astounding. The final rankings may see a change in this order again because it is like splitting hairs with these three.
- Derrick TezenoDerrickTezeno6'5" | SFNorth Central | 2021StateLA (6’5″ / North Central)
- Keon ColemanKeonColeman6'4" | SGOpelousas Catholic | 2021StateLA (6’4″ / Opelousas Catholic)
- Carlos StewartCarlosStewart6'1" | CGDunham | 2021StateLA (6’1″ / Dunham)
- Daniel OrtizDanielOrtiz6'1" | CGCalvary Baptist | 2021StateLA (6’1″ / Calvary Baptist)
- Claudell HarrisClaudellHarris6'3" | CGHahnville | 2021StateLA (6’3″ / Hahnville)
- Will AllenWillAllen6'7" | PFBonnabel | 2021StateLA (6’7″ / Bonnabel)
- Emareyon McDonaldEmareyonMcDonald6'1" | PGScotlandville | 2021StateLA (6’1″ / Scotlandville)
- JonQuarius McGheeJonQuariusMcGhee6'3" | CGOpelousas | 2021StateLA (6’3″ / Opelousas)
- Jamond VincentJamondVincent6'2" | SGLandry-Walker | 2021StateLA (6’2″ / L.B. Landry)
- Carter DomingueCarterDomingue6'3" | PGSt. Thomas More | 2021StateLA (6’3″ / St. Thomas More)
Prep Hoops has over 160 players from the 2021, senior class ranked in this latest edition of the ranking. In the midst of those players, there were some newcomers to the list. Most notably is Northwestern State commit Shaun RileyShaunRiley6'7" | PFAnacoco | 2021StateLA from Anacoco who is ranked just outside the top ten at #12. The lefty from Illinois moved to Anacoco and has helped make them a legitimate class B title contender. Tawasky JohnsonTawaskyJohnson6'0" | PGPort Allen | 2021StateLA from the 2A defending champions at Port Allen enters the 2021 rankings right outside the top 20 at number 22. Peabody receiver and point guard Zytarious MortleZytariousMortle6'3" | PGPeabody | 2021StateLA entered the rankings at #64 and Southside senior Kameryn RobertsonKamerynRobertson6'2" | SGSouthside | 2021StateLA debuted at #75. Rounding out the notable newcomers is class B, state champion Jamarian CatoJamarianCato6'4" | SFSimsboro | 2021StateLA at #84.
Players rising in the ranks
There were a few players that saw subtle jumps in the rankings while others made some major moves due to the season they are having. Zaheem JacksonZaheemJackson6'3" | CGScotlandville | 2021StateLA from Scotlandville enters the top 30 at #27. Senior off-guard Gavin HarrisGavinHarris6'2" | CGWalker | 2021StateLA has been a difference maker after sitting out last season. He enters the top 30 at number 29. All world guard D’Marcus FugettD’MarcusFugett6'5" | SGJS Clark Leadership | 2021StateLA from JS Clark Leadership moves from the mid-50’s to being 37 ranked. Eric McKnightEricMcKnight6'4" | SGSouthwood | 2021StateLA (#79 to #52) and Keagan MoncriefKeaganMoncrief6'5" | PFWest Monroe | 2021StateLA (ranked 72 to rank #57) round out the number of players who made big jumps in the 2021 rankings.
The newest rankings showcase some of the best talent in Louisiana. View the latest rankings below: