Posted On: 12/28/20 7:44 PM
As a much delayed start to high school begins to come into focus. It is also readily apparent that much of the recruiting process is going to be done via Zoom meetings and Hudl highlights. Consequently, I thought it would appropriate to do a more comprehensive list of Northern Michigan recruits to hopefully aid this process.
It is a vast region geographically so it’s a challenge. I have included the UP and the Lakeshore/Interstate 10 corridor. That’s a lot land and a lot of players. I’ve decided to do four equal installments of 11 to get to the Fab 44. Other editorial notes. Due to the recruiting focus I’ve decided to exclude some good players who are going to focus on other sports at the next level. Examples would be players like Traverse City Central’s Joshua BurnhamJoshuaBurnham6'3" | PFTraverse City Central | 2021StateMI and Carson Briggs (Western Michigan FB) Players will also go in reverse order, but the tiers are more important for college fit
44. Grayson VerBerkmoes 6-3 2021 McBain The statistics won’t be there as he plays on a deep and balanced squad that will be of the top teams regardless of class in the region. Coming off an injury plagued junior campaign. Good bloodlines. Brother plays at the NAIA level in Ohio.
43. Carson Whipple 6-3 2021 Traverse City West Skilled forward who I watched play well at a Mid Michigan CC exposure camp this summer. Can play multiple positions. The Titans have a history of unheralded prospects posting big senior seasons (Andy SomaAndySoma6'0" | CGTraverse City West | 2020StateMI/Lake Superior St)
42. Trevin Winkle 6-3 2022 McBain Northern Michigan Christian Multi faceted forward who plays bigger than listed height. Averaged 17 points and 7 rebounds for the Comets. Possible Division III legacy recruit.
41. Dylan BarnowskiDylanBarnowski6'2" | CGSt. Mary's of Lake Leelanau | 2023StateMI 5-10 2023 Lake Leelanau St Mary (pictured at top of article) Slender young left handed point guard prospect. Put up big numbers playing at a very small school, but has tested himself on the grassroots and fall showcase circuits.
40. Jaden MontagueJadenMontague6'0" | PGCadillac | 2023StateMI 6-1 2023 Cadillac (pictured above) Versatile wing who played JV for a deep and talented program. Had a good summer playing with the Grand Rapids Storm.
39. Corey Deer 6-5 2021 Gaylord Athletic prospect with a sturdy build. Three year varsity player for the Blue Devils. Averaged 12 points per game.
38. Luke GorzinskiLukeGorzinski5'7" | PGPowers North Central | 2023StateMI 5-8 2023 Powers North Central Possibly the the top 2023 coming out of the UP. Averaged 17 points per game for a historically successful program.
37. Grant Richardson 6-0 2021 Harbor Springs Senior leader with deep range for the Rams. Averaged 17 points per game. Multi sport athlete coming off a big season on the gridiron.
36. Anthony Beccaria 6-9 2021 Brethren Simply put 6-9 300 pound plus prospects aren’t growing on trees. Averaged 14 points and 8 rebounds for the Bobcats. Possible long term prospect for a program.
35. Brock Broderick 6-3 2022 Traverse City Christian Lanky guard averaged 19 points per game last season. Like Barnowski plays at a very small school.
34. Kaleb Moore 5-9 2021 Manton Small point guard who operates extremely well in the pick and roll. Three year varsity player looking to follow similarly sized fellow Ranger Jayden Perry (Lake Superior St) to the next level.