Posted On: 01/13/19 6:46 PM
One of the biggest tournaments of the year, every year is the Louisville Invitational Tournament. Schools from the 6th and 7th region face off at Valley High School. The LIT headlines the week but there are other good games across the state. Here’s a look ahead.
Monday, January 14:
- The aforementioned LIT starts off with Waggener vs Valley, Ballard vs Doss, Bullitt East vs Butler and Trinity vs Bullitt Central.
- All A tournaments continue in the 1st, 5th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, and 16th regions.
Tuesday, January 15:
- The All A tournaments continue in the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 16th regions.
- LIT action continues with Central vs J-Town, DeSales vs Seneca, Male vs Fern Creek and St. Xavier vs PRP.
- Central Hardin’s Jacob Hobbs and Bardstown’s JJ Traynor battle in a match-up of two of the best forwards in the 5th region.
- Johnson Central travels to Pikeville in a huge game. Jacob Rice and Connor Roberts will be a fun one to watch.
Wednesday, January 16:
- All A tournament action continues in the 9th, 10th, 15th and 16th regions.
- The Toyota Classic kicks off at Scott County with games between Frederick Douglass and Wayne County; followed by Woodford County against Lafayette.
Thursday, January 17:
- All A games continue in the 4th, 11th and 15th regions.
- The Toyota Classic continues in Georgetown with Christian Academy from Myrtle Beach taking on Scott County and Christian County facing off against the always formidable TBA
- Dunbar travels to Lexington Catholic as the perimeter oriented Knights square off against the much bigger Bulldogs in a big 43rd district showdown.
- The young Bears of Spencer County head to Walton-Verona in an attempt to make a statement to the rest of the 8th region that they are for real and a threat to get to Rupp Arena.
Friday, January 18:
- Kentucky’s first ever 2A State Championship takes place in the Owensboro Sportscenter. Look for a preview later in the week.
- The Toyota Classic at Scott County continues.
- Barren County travels to Allen County-Scottsville in a big 4th region contest.
- Lincoln County travels to Madison Central. Blake Smith and the Patriots could use a signature win this season and beating the Indians would be a good one.
- 46th district rivals West Jessamine and Mercer County square off. You may not see a better point guard match-up than Dalton Bruner and Carter Baughman in central Kentucky.
- TyShay Epps and Trevon Smith going head to head at Taylor County should be a tremendous chess match between two good 5th region guards.
Saturday, January 19:
- All A Tournaments end in the 2nd, 11th and 15th regions. Look for a preview of All A state coming next week!
- The Tim Short Automotive Classic takes place at George Rogers Clark. A very good afternoon of games on the slate. Preview coming later this week.
- Simon Kenton travels to Collins in an afternoon game that could say a lot about the 8th region power rankings when tournament time rolls around.
- Hopkinsville travels to Madison Central where a post match-up between Jamarion Sharp and Isaiah Cozart should be an interesting match-up.
- Bowling Green makes the short trip to Warren Central to renew one of the best rivalries in Western Kentucky. Trevor Dennis is having a big Senior year for the Purples while the Dragons are led by Junior Kobe Brents.