Posted On: 12/9/18 7:42 PM
After another week of outstanding basketball across the Commonwealth, some teams are starting to separate themselves as state title contenders while others are just hoping to get a win. Here’s a look ahead at the best games on the schedule for the week ahead.
Monday, December 10:
- Warren Central travels to Glasgow in a battle of top teams in the 4th. The Scotties are looking to bounce back from a beating they took in Bowling Green last week while Dre Boyd is off to a strong start for the Dragons.
- Harrison County looks for a win at Grant County. Harrison has two 1,000 point scorers in Quenton Turley and Spencer Free while Grant is led by Junior Luke Dawalt.
- Pendleton County Senior Dontaie Allen is 54 points away from 3,000 for his career. He will look to get closer with a big game on Monday night against Augusta.
Tuesday, December 11:
- Mr. Basketball candidate David Johnson and Trinity travel to Bardstown for a showdown with JJ Traynor and the Tigers.
- Owensboro makes a trip to Hopkinsville to take on Christian County. The Colonels are coming off a tough loss to Hoptown on Friday night.
- Madison Central makes the drive to Shelbyville to go up against the Titans of Collins in what should be a good game.
- Male heads to Fern Creek in a matchup of the Tigers talented Sophomores and the Bulldogs Juniors.
- University Heights and Hopkinsville lock horns for the first time this year. Senior James Nicholas is off to a strong start for the Tigers this season.
- Two of the best teams in the 12th region go head to head in Stanford when West Jessamine and Lincoln County square off.
- Big district match-up in Lexington as Dunbar takes on Lexington Christian and Kyle Rode.
Wednesday, December 12:
- A good one in the 6th region as Pleasure Ridge Park and Darius Osborne make the trip to play Bullitt East and Zak Perdew.
- One of the best rivalries in the 11th region is renewed as Lorenzo Williams and Scott County come to Lexington to play Ben Johnson and Lexington Catholic.
- Freshman Justin Becker and Robertson County host Pendleton County while Dontaie Allen should score his 3,000th point in this one.
Thursday, December 13:
- Wade Pelfry leads Hazard into Knott County Central looking to steal a win.
- Lafayette makes the trip from Lexington to South Oldham where they will look to get a win against the Dragons.
- Kenny White and the Madisonville Maroons travel to University Heights to face KJ Crump and the Blazers in a huge game in the second region.
Friday, December 14:
- It’s the 7th vs the 11th as Henry Clay travels to Louisville to take on Ballard.
- Ryle’s Vince Rankin will look to lead his team to a win over Jalen Scott and Conner.
- Mercer County and Carter Baughman take on district rivals West Jessamine and Dalton Bruner.
- Tates Creek and Deonte Edmonds square off against Brandon Cromwell and Woodford County in an 11th region battle.
Saturday, December 15:
- The John Turner Classic takes place at Newport. Fern Creek travels north to take on Kevin Centers and Cooper.
- Paducah Tilghman and Rodriguez Thomas travel to Graves County and Ryan Mathis.
- Taylor County and Trevon Smith make the trip to Metro Louisville to go up against Oldham County and Sam Campbell.
- South Oldham hosts Kelly Niece and Simon Kenton in a big 8th region match-up.