Posted On: 12/31/18 10:18 AM
Adair County’s Anthony Payne won our Week 4 contest with just shy of 24,000 votes. Coming out of the post-Christmas tournaments, there are several great nominees for this week’s Player of the Week honors.
- Lafayette’s Ray Surratt – The Junior averaged 15.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game as Lafayette won the City of Middletown Classic at Eastern.
- South Laurel’s JJ Ramey – The Senior had 23 points and 7 rebounds in a win over Astronaut, Florida. 27 points and 10 rebounds against Louisville Western and 19 points and 8 rebounds against Harlan County and was named to the All-Tournament team
- South Oldham’s Luke Morrison – Morrison had 20 points and 3 rebounds in a win over Holmes, 26 points and 6 rebounds against North Oldham when he scored his 1,000th point and 22 points in the Championship game win over Male. South Oldham won the Jean Schumm Operation Parent Classic.
- Johnson Central’s Isaiah May – The Sophomore wing averaged 24.3 points and 7 rebounds per game in the Dan Swartz Classic at Bath County and was named MVP of the tournament.
- Campbell County’s Reid Jolly – Jolly had 24 points and 9 rebounds in a win over Oldham County, 32 points and 11 rebounds in a win over West Jessamine and 28 points and 14 rebounds in a loss to Lexington Christian in the Championship game of the Jim Rose Classic.
- Mercer County’s Kaelin Drakeford – In 3 games at the Corbin Invitational, the Junior guard averaged 18 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game to help the Titans go 2-1 on the week.
Voting is open until Noon Eastern on Friday. Vote as often as you’d like!