Posted On: 11/28/18 2:12 PM
The Marshall County Hoopfest is one of Kentucky’s top events every year. Most of the best teams in Kentucky play and several of the nation’s best players come in with their high school programs. Here’s the schedule for the weekend along with some of the top match-ups.
2018 CFSB Marshall County Hoopfest Schedule
$35 All-Session pass | $10 at the door
Thursday, November 29 Session 1
4:00 Graves County (KY) v Massac County (IL)
5:30 Graves County (KY) v Trinity (Whitesville) (KY) girls
7:00 Marshall County (KY) v Massac County (IL) girls
8:30 Marshall County (KY) v Trigg County (KY)
Friday, November 30 Session 2
4:00 Tennessee Prep (TN) v Our Saviour Lutheran (NY)
5:30 Callaway (MS) v University Heights (KY)
7:00 Madisonville-North Hopkins (KY) v Belleville West (IL)
8:30 Aspire Academy (KY) v Prolific Prep (CA)
Saturday, December 1 Session 3
9:00am Marshall County (KY) v Lakeway Christian (TN) girls
10:30am Murray (KY) v Louisville Male (KY)
12:00 Scott County (KY) v Olive Branch (MS)
1:30 Lexington Catholic (KY) v Briarcrest Christian (TN)
Saturday, December 1 Session 4
4:00 Our Saviour Lutheran (NY) v Prolific Prep (CA)
5:30 Belleville West (IL) v Callaway (MS)
7:00 Curie (IL) v Memphis East (TN)
8:30 Marshall County (KY) v Pendleton County (KY)
10:00 Tennessee Prep (TN) v Aspire Academy (KY)
Sunday, December 2 Session 5 presented by Tanager Sports
1:30 Athens Prep (TN) v TBD
3:00 Lyon County (KY) v Elliott County (KY)
4:30 Wesley Christian (KY) v St. Louis Christian (MO)
- Thursday’s opening night marquee match-up is the host Marshalls taking on Trigg County. Trigg features one of the top Freshmen in the state with Kendric Adams while Marshall is still hoping that Zion Harmon can get eligible before tomorrow night.
- Friday night’s games ramp up the level of competition significantly. It starts with Ole Miss commitment Antavion Collum of Tennessee Prep play against Our Savior Lutheran from New York. KyKy Tandy and UHA take on Callaway out of Mississippi. Madisonville’s Kenny White goes against Belleville West from Illinois and the nightcap is Aspire Academy from Louisville playing California’s Prolific Prep.
- Saturday goes all day long with Louisville Male playing at 10:30 to be followed by Scott County and Michael Moreno taking on DJ Jeffries and Olive Branch. The last game of the first session is Lexington Catholic Super Sophomore Ben Johnson going against Briarcrest Christian of Tennessee.
- Session 2 on Saturday features 3 games between out of state powers before Marshall County hosts Mr. Basketball favorite Dontaie Allen and Pendleton County. The night finishes with Tennessee Prep and Aspire Academy going head to head.
- Things finish up on Friday as Athens Prep takes on the always dangerous TBD, Lyon County (with 7th grade phenom Travis Perry) take on Elliott County who just pulled out a 3 point win in triple overtime last night. The last game of the event will be Wesley Christian from Allen, Kentucky taking on St. Louis Christian.