Posted On: 11/20/18 4:18 PM

The early signing period is over today and about 65 percent of the offered division one talent in America has signed with a school. Who is the best available of the remaining 35 percent in the southeast?  Prep Hoops runs it down now.

One.  Trendon Watford of Alabama.  Trendon recently visited Memphis and LSU plus has visits to Indiana and Alabama upcoming. LSU, Indiana, TCU, Kansas, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Alabama, and Florida State are the final eight for the 6-foot-9 power forward.

Two. Damion Baugh of Tennessee.  Baugh is expected to make his decision in the last spring and several different programs are in contention. TCU and Georgetown have received visits plus local school Memphis just offered.  Long way to go for one of the best defenders out there, a top available PG.

Three. Michael Moreno of Kentucky.  A 6-foot-6 forward that puts up double-doubles that are bested by his high level academic record.  Moreno leads the number one ranked team in the state of Kentucky and has a long list of solid offers at the mid-level. 

Four. Jason Jitoboh of Tennessee.  Jason had an injury slow down his recruitment but things are starting to pick things up for the 6-foot-10 big,  UCF and Saint Louis have booked the recent visits, and I wouldn’t be surprised if several high major schools jumped in the mix strongly over the winter.

Five. Jordan Wright of Louisiana. Wright is a skilled forward at 6-foot-6 who has earned himself impressive options over the last year but nothing has really seemed to stick the way he’s looking for.  Vandy, Virginia Tech, and Minnesota are some of the schools that have been in contact.

Six.  Tre Edwards of Tennessee. Edwards is a 6-foot-6 wing that has an explosive scoring ability bringing in offers from New Mexico, Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Weber State.  A winter of consistency at Hamilton Heights could bring Edwards the options he’s been looking for.

Seven.  Brandon Weatherspoon of Mississippi.  In the past year Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Georgetown were impressed enough by the 6-foot-4 Weatherspoon to offer scholarships.  Brandon is the fourth best player in the state of Mississippi and the best available at the time.

Eight.  John Buggs III of LouisianaBuggs makes his college decision this evening so he won’t be available for very long.  Buggs, a 6-foot-2 point guard, is picking from 20 plus D1 offers this evening.

Nine. Zion Cooper of Tennessee. A six foot lead guard that initially brought in the high major programs for interest while the mids and lows hope he slips to them in the future. 

Ten. Tony Johnson Jr of Alabama. Johnson had solid options coming out of school but made the decision to head to Skill Factory this fall and it’s lead to numerous new scholarship opportunities. The most recent school to come in is Minnesota.  Johnson hopes to decide sometime this winter.

 

Best Available Per State

Arkansas: Collin Moore.  The 6-foot-3 small forward Collin Moore from North Little Rock is the only top five player in the state of Arkansas that hasn’t made a decision at this point. 

Louisiana: Jordan Wright

Mississippi: Brandon Weatherspoon

Alabama: Trendon Watford

Kentucky: Michael Moreno

Tennessee: Damion Baugh