Sherif Kenney

Posted On: 11/21/18 5:21 PM

The early signing period has passed and about 65 percent of the offered division one talent in America has signed with a school. Who is the best available of the remaining 35 percent in the southeast?  Prep Hoops runs it down now for the Mountain Region.

One.  Tyrese Samuel of Utah. Tyrese is now at Orangeville Prep in Canada but when our list was made he was thought to be still in Utah therefore we keep him in the group for the moment.  The four star prospect is now down to Seton Hall, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and Wake Forest and plays to make a decision this weekend.  Seton Hall and Pitt are without commitments while G-Town and Wake Forest could really use a big addition like Samuel to boost their class. 

Two.  Sherif Kenney of Nevada. A 6-foot-5 guard from Findlay Prep that built up eight offers from high major programs last summer but at the moment the college future looks to be in a holding pattern.  What has moved to the forefront is Kenney and his top 150 level game performing at a high level on the prep circuit. 

Three.  Tristan Enaruna of Utah.  Tristan is a 6-foot-9 17 year old forward from the Netherlands that caught a lot of attention at the 2017 FIBA U16 European Championships.  Creighton and Texas Tech offered in the summer and Illinois jumped into the mix this month as well. 

Four.  Sedrick Hammond of Nevada.  The aggressive attack guard out of Las Vegas has Tulsa, Pacific, Hawaii, Colorado State, Creighton.and Tulane amongst others consistently talking to him.  At 6-foot-4 Hammond played in LA as a junior but he’s now back in Las Vegas as not only a top available player in the state but one of the state’s top producers. 

Five.  Ronnie DeGray III of Colorado. Colorado’s top available prospect earned offers from UTSA and Montana this summer, DeGray is a 6-foot-6 small forward that scored 21 a game last winter with seven boards a contest.  DeGray shot 59 percent from the field including 46 percent from the arc in 17-18.

Six. Kwane Marble Jr of Colorado. The former Wyoming commit reopened his recruitment last month and plans to play through the winter with Denver East working for a state title.  Marble was a 16p/5r/5a/3st a game guy last year.  Marble added an offer from Washington State last spring before committing to Wyoming. 

Seven. Cameron Krystkowiak of Utah. Cameron spent his fall visiting IVY League schools (Dartmouth, Columbia, Brown) plus UMass offered him earlier in the fall.  Cameron is a 6-foot-10 power forward from Salt Lake City and the son of University of Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak.

Eight.  Cole Alton of Idaho. Alton earned himself an Idaho State offer earlier in the summer and also now has some division two options as well.  Alton is the top prospect in the state of Idaho

Nine. Dayne Prim of Colorado.  Prim put up 14 points and eight rebounds a contest is a 6-foot-5 forward who has began picking up offers from local programs. Prim was a key part of a state champion last winter. 

Ten.  Tyson Garff of Utah.  The 6-foot-5 lead guard is a top 7-8 level player in the state of Utah and had a strong 17u season with Exum Elite.  Garff has heard from several IVY League programs as well as local schools like Utah Valley and others. 

 

Best Available Per State

Colorado: Ronnie DeGray III

Idaho: Cole Alton

Montana: Sayer Patton.  Patton is a 6-foot-2, 170 pound wing from Choteau who was named second team all state last season and will enter his senior year as one of the state’s elite players. 

Nevada: Sherif Kenney

Utah: Tristan Enaruna

Wyoming: Erik Oliver.  Oliver put up 21 points and nearly eight boards a game as a 6-foot-2 wing last season leading his team to the state tournament.  Oliver is the lone returning all state first team player in Wyoming.