Posted On: 10/8/18 1:57 PM
The last couple of weeks have been very busy in the world of prep basketball recruiting. Schools are heading out to open gyms, kids are taking visits, and offers are being handed out.
Reece Hazelton (6’7”, G/F, Glen Lake High School)
– Air Force came to the gym to watch Hazelton on September 25.
It’s easy to see why a school like Air Force would be interested in Hazelton. He’s as versatile as they come and is a true three level scorer.
Jayshawn Moore (2020, G, Ferndale)
– Michigan State visited Ferndale to see Moore on October 5.
– Iowa came in to see Moore on October 6.
Moore is a solid finisher who butters his bread with the drive and kick. His big summer with REACH Legends is paying dividends.
Dylan Jergens (2019, G, Howardsville Christian)
– On September 25, he received an offer from Spring Arbor.
– Last week, Goshen College stopped in Strictly Skills to watch him workout.
Jergens might be the best shooter in Michigan. He’s developed into a top notch point guard who can handle and dish as well.
Tyson Acuff (2020, PG, Cass Tech)
– Coach Trice from Temple stopped in to see Acuff.
Acuff holds a handful of Division 1 offers. It’s easy to see why. He has excellent body control that he uses to finish in traffic. Acuff is an athletic playmaker.
Coach Griffin from Northwood University stopped in to see a Detroit Douglass open gym.
Jovan Martin (2019, G, Royal Oak)
– Coach Neely from Wayne State came to an open gym to watch Martin.
Martin is a high flying, electric guard. He’s very bouncy and is an excellent finisher.
Caleb Hodgson (2019, F/C, Dansville)
– Hodgson received an offer from Air Force last week.
– Coach Metzendorf, from Holy Cross, came to see Hodgson at a Dansville open gym.
Hodgson is a versatile big man. He can bang inside, battling for rebounds and protecting the rim. At the same time, he can shoot with range and handle the ball.
Michigan State’s Coach Garland visited a Benton Harbor open gym. Carlos Johnson (2020, F) is the headliner at Benton Harbor. He’s a tough and physical forward who is excellent on the glass. Johnson is an elite prospect on a national level.
Defiance College visited a Wayne Memorial open gym. Isaiah Lewis stirs the pot for Wayne Memorial. He’s an electric guard who can shoot the lights out.
Quinn Starkey (2019, G, Chelsea)
– Starkey visited Concordia – Ann Arbor.
Starkey is a smooth guard. He attacks the rim with ease, and has a nice pull up jumper to go with it.
Dan Few (2019, F, River Rouge)
– Few visited Lake Superior State.
Few is a valuable prospect at the next level. He’s big, strong, and one of the best defensive players in Michigan.
Joel Knighton (2019, F/C, Chippewa Valley)
– Knighton received an offer from Concordia – Ann Arbor.
Knighton is tough in the paint. He’s always a threat for a double-double.
De’Airrus Ware (2019, Wing, Muskegon)
– Ware took an official visit to Lake Superior State, who he has an offer from.
Ware is an explosive and athletic forward. He has a handful of offers, and it’s easy to see why after his big summer.