Posted On: 10/23/18 1:11 PM
Some big recruiting news in the past week or so. Let’s get right into it.
- Sunday afternoon Madison Central Senior post player Isaiah Cozart committed to Western Kentucky. Isaiah chose the Hilltoppers over offers from more than 20 schools and a final 5 that included Belmont, UNC Wilmington, Wofford, Charlotte and William and Mary before Coach Stansbury started putting the full court press on the big man from Richmond.
- Just today, University Heights combo guard Dekeyvan Tandy committed to Xavier over Ole Miss. Tandy is going to join fellow Kentuckian Dieonte Miles in Xavier’s 2019 recruiting class. Look for Tandy to compete for playing time right away with the Musketeers. Kudos to new Xavier coach Travis Steele on reeling in two of Kentucky’s finest players in the senior class.
- Junior Collins point guard Dayvion McKnight added an offer from Cleveland State over the weekend. The Vikings join Western Kentucky, Winthrop and Kentucky State on McKnight’s offer list.
- Henry Clay Senior Harris Hawkins was recently offered by NAIA school William Woods University and has taken visits to Centre College and Hope College this fall. Hawkins had a good bounce back season as a Junior for the Blue Devils after suffering a knee injury as a sophomore.
- Belmont University is expected at John Hardin today to see Junior Trevon Harris.
- In other news, Marshall County point guard (and our top ranked 2021) Zion Harmon has been ruled ineligible this season after his appeal hearing. It will be interesting to see if he stays there or moves on to somewhere out of state.
- Dunbar is rumored to have a duo of African transfers that gained eligibility this season. The Bulldogs just got a whole lot taller in the front court.
Follow us on Twitter at @PrepHoopsKy for all the latest news and notes as we near the start of the 2018-19 Senior season.