Posted On: 10/14/18 8:44 PM
This Saturday we dropped in to the GMR Southeast Freshman Invitational Event in Knightdale, NC. There was quite a bit of talent on the floor, some new names that we didn’t know and some other names that we have seen before, so lets take a look at a few things we learned.
- Team Wall & Durham Academy G/F MJ Rice was a man among boys! Physically he is far advanced that your normal freshman, he has a physique that looks like he is an upperclassmen which is a testament to the amount of time he spends in the gym. Skillset wise he is very high as well, he can score the ball at a nice level, rebounds it and his shooting continues to improve.
- Team Wall & Garner HS Forward Asa White: He has improved in a major way since the last time that we got to see him play, he already has the height and wingspan but skill wise he has improved nicely. He showed the ability to knock down shots from midrange and deep as well as his usual play in the paint. His footwork is something that we see has improved nicely and helps him to get to his spots with ease.
- AL Brown HS Guard Kheni Briggs is a beast! The game that we watched him play was basically a personal showcase, he got to the paint whenever he wanted and finished with anywhere between 30/40 points. He has a nice physique already and can do a bunch of different things on the floor: Scoring, Rebounding, facilitating are all things that he does well and at a high level.
- C/O 2023 Guard Robert Dillingham is a problem! He was one of the smaller players in the building and was also one of the youngest. However his talent is above his age level without a doubt, he has a nice natural feel for the game and makes the right play a good amount of the time.
- Jeremy Dixon is another youngster that has a chance to be another special player to come out of Kinston. Jeremy played well and seemed to get better as the day went on, he read his defender well and got into the paint at a pretty high rate. Nice size for a Guard/Wing, good shooting form , loads of potential in this youngster.