Posted On: 09/24/18 4:21 PM
Another weekend has passed and we’ve had another top Kentuckian commit to continue his basketball career at the next level. With the flurry of activity lately, I thought now would be a good time to recap all the commitments, offers and general recruiting going on with the 2019 class right now.
- David Johnson of Trinity committed to Louisville on Saturday. David chose them over Georgia.
- KyKy Tandy has not announced a list of schools he’s down to but he is being heavily pursued by Tennessee, Iowa State, Ole Miss and others.
- Dontaie Allen famously committed to Kentucky back at the start of August.
- Michael Moreno also has not announced a list of schools but he has officially visited Eastern Kentucky and will go to Richmond in the near future.
- Isaiah Cozart has officially visited Belmont, Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, William and Mary and will visit Wofford this weekend. Expect a commitment early in October.
- Kyle Rode committed to Liberty back in July. Rode has already visited campus several times and should be an impact player next season.
- Dieonte Miles popped for Xavier last month after being offered while on campus unofficially.
- Jackson Harlan committed to Western Kentucky back in the summer, shortly after he was offered by Coach Stansbury.
- JJ Kalakon has previously announced offers from Morehead State, Robert Morris and SEMO. Kalakon is working to set up official visits soon.
- Jordan Graham has an offer from Tennessee Tech to go with several NAIA and D2 offers. Don’t look for Graham to commit anytime before the spring.
- Trevon Smith has an offer from Morehead State and has announced a move to the 2020 class with a prep year after graduation.
- Nick Thelen has an offer from Bellarmine and could gather several more as he should be the key player at Cov Cath this season.
- Brennan Canada has an offer from Campbellsville and interest from several other schools.
- Jacob Hobbs committed to Lipscomb early last month and should thrive in the Bison system.
- Jamarion Sharp has offers from Jacksonville State and UT-Martin and could see more come his way as his senior season goes along.
- Darius Osborne has been offered by Nicholls State.
- JJ Ramey has offers from Pikeville and Campbellsville of the Mid-South Conference.
- Keaston Brown has an offer from D2 Tusculum University.
- Isaiah Allen has an offer from South Carolina State University.
- Reid Jolly has been offered by Malone University and Thomas More University.
- Carter Baughman has been offered by Brescia University.
- Cade Cunningham has also been offered by Brescia.
I am certain that there are more 2019 prospects who have offers and interests but this is the best list I could come up with after scouring Twitter and various recruiting websites. Please feel free to add any we have missed in the comment section below!