Posted On: 09/19/18 2:38 PM
Photo Courtesy of Girton Photography
Starting last Sunday, colleges have been allowed to visit prospects at their schools and several colleges and universities have been all over our state visiting players since. Here’s a quick round up of what schools have been out an which prospects they’re watching.
- McCracken County’s Jackson Sivills is a popular name coming out of a July where he amassed several offers. So far, NKU, Belmont, Iowa State, Murray State and Butler have all been through the gym in Paducah. NKU and Murray State have both already offered the 6’6 shooter.
- Another top 2020, Henry Clay’s Marques Warrick had Evansville in Lexington last week to watch him. Kentucky native Terrance Commodore is recruiting the bluegrass state hard since landing at Evansville.
- Miami (Ohio) made their way around the state yesterday as Coach JR Reynolds, a Kentucky native, was at Bowling Green watching Isaiah Mason, Frederick Douglass for Dashawn Jackson and Lexington Catholic for Ben Johnson. All 3 Sophomores were invited to take a visit to Miami next weekend.
- Northern Kentucky, William & Mary and Eastern Kentucky were all at Collins yesterday watching Juniors Marcellus Vail and Dayvion McKnight.
- Lipscomb, Northern Kentucky, Miami (Ohio), Valparaiso, Samford, Belmont and Bellarmine have all been through the gym at Male recently. The Bulldogs have a strong Junior trio with Howard Fleming, Tyren Moore and Noah Courtney.
- Senior Guard KyKy Tandy has had Buzz Williams and his entire staff at UHA. Tennessee, Iowa State, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma State have all stopped in the University Heights gym in the last ten days.
- Mercer County’s Senior Point Guard Carter Baughman went to Roanoke College in Virginia.Roanoke is a DIII school.
- Last weekend, Collins Junior Point Guard Dayvion McKnight became the first Kentucky Junior to take an official visit. McKnight went to Western Kentucky where he was offered by the coaching staff. McKnight’s second offer. Winthrop offered back in May.
- Madisonville Senior Cade Cunningham took a visit to Owensboro to check out Brescia University. The Bearcats have offered Cunningham already.
- Scott County Senior Michael Moreno has taken an official visit to Eastern Kentucky and will also go to Richmond.
- Lexington Christian Senior Kyle Rode took his official to Liberty. Rode committed to Liberty back in the summer.
- Louisville Trinity Senior David Johnson has narrowed his list to Georgia and Louisville, dropping Xavier in the process. David was at UGA last weekend and will go to Louisville this weekend. You would think a visit is coming soon and Louisville is the heavy favorite.
- Isaiah Cozart’s visit to William & Mary was changed to this weekend after Hurricane Florence cancelled classes last weekend. The big man from Richmond will also go to Wofford officially before making a decision in the fall. Belmont, UNC Wilmington and Charlotte join Wofford and William & Mary in the Final 5.