Posted On: 09/17/18 5:11 PM
One look at the Preseason Class A All State Team and you can see why Tea Area is the big favorite to win the state championship this winter.
Preseason All State – First Team
- Justin Hohn of Tea Area (12). The division one commit (UC-Irvine) scored 11 a game last year and led Tea in assists.
- Noah Freidel of Tea Area (12). Noah was hurt and still put up 25 points and six rebounds a game, committed to D1 Wright State.
- Alejandro Rama of Red Cloud (12). As a junior Rama led his team to state scoring 22 points a game. Top five player in SD.
- Mitch Goodbary of Sioux Falls Christian (12). The Muscle is now the Charger leader. Averaged 12.6 and 7.4 last year.
- Corey Brown of Pine Ridge (12). Took Pine Ridge to state with 15.2 points and 14.2 boards a game. What’s the encore?
Preseason All State – Second Team
- Karst Hunter of Miller (12). Just missed a double-double average last year 20.2 and 9.8 a game.
- Kayden Verly of Canton (11). One of the top scorers in the state last year at 26 a contest.
- Luke Wells II of Crow Creek (11). Another big that took his team to state with some strong numbers.
- Camden Bialas of Parker (12). Biggest guy on the list and one of the highest ceilings out there.
- Aiden Bizardie of Todd County (12). Averaged 22 points and five boards a contest as a junior.
- Gavin Schipper. SF Christian (12). A dozen a game guy last season, a top shooter in the state.
Preseason All State – Third Team
- Charlie Cox of Dakota Valley (12). The next DV senior standout.
- Kade Stearns of Tea Area (12). Another top shooter in South Dakota.
- Max Nielson of Sioux Valley (11). One of the state’s leaders in assists last year (nearly 8 a game).
- Josh Arlt of Lennox (11). All league player a year ago, 14 per game guy.
- Nic Comes of Madison (12). The lone returning starter for Madison who is ready to lead.
- Ryder Kirsch of St. Thomas More (11).Skilled face-up frontcourt player.