Posted On: 07/24/18 11:30 AM
Over the next few weeks, PHD will spotlight some players in South Dakota in our “Five Facts” series. Be sure to pay attention as there is an “alternative fact” in each story.
This week we’ll get to know Alejandro Rama a guard from Red Cloud. Rama led his team to the state tournament this past season with a 19-4 record. The Crusaders placed fifth at state after a dominant performance from Rama. Rama averaged 22.4 points over the course of the regular season with 6 boards and 4 assists a game. He looks to lead his team back to the state tournament.
1) He scored 42 points in an AAU game in the summer.
2) Rama scored 36 points in a game and only six points were from three’s.
3) He scored 20 points in a game in just free throws.
4) Rama averaged 18 points through three games at the state tournament but only made five three-pointers the whole state tournament.
5) He’s been doing ball handling and shooting drills before school in the morning ever since the first grade.
Did you catch this week’s alternative fact? It was … number 3 …Rama was one of the best finishers at the rim last season and free throw shooter, shooting nearly 75 percent from the line. His actual record for free throws in one game is 19.
Tune into the next “Five Facts” article on Thursday where we put Tea Area’s Kade Stearns in the spotlight!
For more Five Facts about…