Username or Email Address
Posted On: 06/6/18 10:49 AM
As the first half of the grassroots season comes to a close we wanted to touch base with programs directors and coaches to see how things went during April and May. These articles aim to provide updates on the teams as well as under the radar players or the kids who are on track to have a big July.
Team Name: All In Athletics/Team Looney – 16U
Team Looney has a bunch of talented kids that spent the early half of the year learning to play with each other. An above .500 team that with a strong July could make a push in rankings. The best thing about the group in Coach Julian William’s mind is that these are just flat out good kids that have no attitude issues or cause any problems amongst the group.
Under the Radar Players:
• Joel Watts – 5’10 F – can go off at any time, get to the rack for his size at a high
• RJ Ogom – 6’6 F – outside to inside type guy drawing mid major interest,
UW Milwaukee, Portland University
• Kendall Davis – 6’5 G/F – super skilled kid that truly doesn’t know how good he
can be, schools have reached out, could make a big splash in July
• Elijah Nelson – 5’11 G – makes winning plays, offers and interest from Chicago
State, Vanderbilt and others
Where can you find them in July?:
All In Athletics/Team Looney is still working to finalize their July schedule.
Team Name: Illinois Bears
This Bears team is made up of a roster of kids that love to compete. Over the course of the year its been a different guy to step up and make some big time plays. One thing that stands out to Coach Justin Barrington is the chemistry that these guys have, that love to win and are completely unselfish.
• Bryce Bultman – 6’5 PG- pass first guy that can score the basketball, mismatch
nightmare, interest from NDSU, SIU, Evansville – high academic
• Keith Kiner – 6’6 F – one of those kids with heavy interest in D2, but could break the barrier and start hearing from D1’s
• Carson Parker – 6’5 PG – ability to play into D1 level, can score the basketball
at all 3 levels, another big guard thats physicality can make it tough for other guards to deal
July 11-15: NY2LA Next Level Invitational – Milwaukee, WI
July 20-22: All-In Hoopfest – Louisville, KY
July 26-29: Sunflower Showcase – Kansas City, KS
Team Name: Team RWA
Team RWA 17’s had some big shoes to fill from the success that the team found last year at that level and so far so good. This is a group that may not be as attractive on paper as last years squad but have been competitive all year long. As for the 16’s team, they are loaded with talent and have gone deep in every event they have been in so far. The 2020 class for RWA is a team to keep an eye on.
• Fred Cleveland – 5’8 G- one of the most underrated guard in state, gets stops
on D, flat out winner
• Jeremiah Oden – 6’9 F – long, athletic mobile wing that will make a college program very
• Elijah Jones – 6’6 F – 15 years old playing 16U with guard skills and high ceiling
• Bo Fredrick – 6’1 G – one of the best shooter in state can score at all 3 levels
Team RWA is still working to finalize their July schedule.