Username or Email Address
Posted On: 05/30/18 4:17 PM
As the first half of the grassroots season comes to a close we wanted to touch base with programs directors and coaches to see how things went during April and May. These articles aim to provide updates on the teams as well as under the radar players or the kids who are on track to have a big July.
Team Name: Ohio Nova Village – Russell
Overall had a good first half of the season, as the guys competed every time they took the court. Unfortunately injuries held back reaching full potential in during April and May so this June break couldn’t come at a better time. Recently at the Southern Jam Fest in Virginia they competed with only five guys and ended up finishing 2-1 in the championship bracket.
Under the Radar Players:
• Max Martz – 6’6 W – Pennsylvania commit has been big all year for them
• Ben Roderick – 6’5 W – Holds offers from Akron, Toledo, Stony Brook
and Tennessee Martin. Has visited Butler and Xavier. Russell said Ohio State
• Rest of roster: includes 2 Division II players and some NAIA/D3 talent
Where can you find them in July?:
July 13-15: Hoop Group Showcase League Championship – Atlantic City, NJ
July 20-23: All In Hoop Fest – Louisville, KY
July 27-29: Hoop Group Kentucky Jam Fest – Louisville, KY
Team Name: Miller Factory Elite 2o19
The season for Miller Factory has been so far so good in the words of coach Chris Edwards. The guys had great stretches of play during the early part of the year and are looking to transfer that into the back half of the season. Another team that is happy to see the month of June so the guys can rest and get fully healthy before the back half of the grassroots year.
• Marquise Brown – 6’3 G/W – been big all year long making plays and getting
to the basket
• Jayden Woods – 6’4 W – works without the ball extremely well slashing to the
basket, good outside touch just needs to be more aggressive looking for it
• Kaveon Ross – 6’5 W/F – loves physical play, a guy who can get you a bucket
July 12-16: Nike Peach Invitational – Atlanta, GA
July 18-22: Nike Summer Championship – Columbus, OH
July 25-29: Big Foot Hoops Classic – Las Vegas, NV
Team Name: Hidden Gems 17U & 16U
Both teams are made up of high character kids that bring their lunch pale everyday. This group of kids not only excel on the court but in the classroom as well, coach Lucious Jones confirmed that this group was unlike many others as they know both the classroom and the court are equally as important during recruitment. Both teams found success early and are looking to carry that into the July period.
• Jack Clement – 6’1 G – extremely active guard who has put together a very
• Javon Miller – 6’5 W/F – inside out guy who has been a mismatch problem
nearly every event
• Caleb Terry – 6’9 F/C – having a huge spring, kid that DI schools are keeping a
close eye on a 16U that is already drawing low/mid-major looks.
• Trevell Adams – 5’10 G – explosive guard that causes havoc on the defensive
end and quickly turns it into offense
Hidden Gems are still working to finalize their July live period schedule.