As the high school year comes to an end we now see players getting closer to making a decision or for some the coaching changes have reopened their recruitment. Lets take a look at a few players who have made college choices or have gained some recruitment interest as of late.
- Liberty Heights Unsigned Senior Wing Michael Wynn has received his release from ECU and has reopened his recruitment. He has already picked up an offer from Ole Miss and interest from schools such as: Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Tulane, NC State, UMass and South Carolina. Wynn is 6’6 with a gift for scoring the ball, he had quite a few games this season in the 20+ and 30+ range, and we can definitely expect his recruitment to heat up rather quickly.
- Wayne Country Day Shooting Guard Cole Atwood has committed to Hampden Sydney College, this is a very nice pickup for them as he is a player that should be able to come in and play a high level of minutes. His ability to shoot the ball will be one of his biggest assets coming in as we personally have seen him knocked down 9/10 three pointers in a single game.
- Lumberton HS Guard Steph Lloyd is getting closer to making a college decision, Lloyd has narrowed down his choices and should be picking a school in the upcoming weeks. He had a tremendous season this year and showed that he has the tools to be a very successful college Point Guard.
- Trinity Christian & Flight 22 Guard Talton Jones has picked up interest from Mercer recently, he is a pass first PG that can also defend at a very high level. Watch out for Jones to have a good spring/summer followed by a good senior season at Trinity Christian.
- New Hanover HS & WBC Elite Unsigned Senior Guard Fred Taylor has picked up offers from Brunswick CC as well as Catawba Valley CC recently. Taylor is a quick guard that has put in a lot of work over the past few years, he can defend and gets to his spots with ease.
- Beddingfield HS Unsigned Senior Forward Octavius Lacey has picked up interest from Pitt CC, Chattanooga State, Sandhills CC and Brunswick CC. Lacey is 6’5 with nice athletic ability and a high amount of potential, if he locks in and stays focused he can be a very nice player on the next level