It’s not even been 2 weeks since the state champions were crowned and the 2018 class has been getting scholarship offers and committing to colleges every day. Here’s a recap of all the latest commitments for Kentucky hoopers. This includes a trio of talented guards headed down south to play together.
- Bryan Station Guard Eric “Boss” Boone has committed to Tallahassee Community College. Boone had a breakout season for the Defenders and was a Mr. Basketball Finalist.
- Valley Guard Curt Lewis, another Mr. Basketball finalist, will join Boone at Tallahassee Community College. Lewis is a high flying wing who should be a D1 player after he finishes his time at TCC.
- Doss Point Guard Stephon Franklin also committed to Tallahassee Community College. Franklin heads there as a full D1 qualifier academically so he can leave after only one season if he gets an offer he likes.
- Moberly Area Community College picked up a big commitment from 6’8″ forward Michael Burns. Burns is the type of player that could flourish and leave junior college as a really good mid major or better player in 2 years.
- Burns’ Butler teammate Devin Pendergrass signed to Georgetown College. Pendergrass is a big, athletic wing whose best basketball is ahead of him.
- Boyle County’s Bryce Slone committed to Alice Lloyd College. Slone is one of the best shooters in the senior class and should make a good contribution for the Eagles next season.
- Lafayette’s Eric Powell signed with Asbury University this week. Powell was a senior leader for the Generals and earned All-City honors in Lexington.
- Campbellsville University added DeSales guard Sam Weining to the cupboard this week. Weining should help Campbellsville off the bench next season and be a solid 4 year contributor for the Tigers.
- Berea College scored a big commitment from 2,000 point scorer Deven Stone of Wolfe County. Stone gives Berea a deep threat who is in range as soon as he sets foot in the gym.
- 2017 Franklin-Simpson graduate Tavin Lovan has committed to UAB after completing a prep year at Hargrave Military Academy.
Make sure you’re checking the @PrepHoopsKy twitter for breaking news on commitments, offers, AAU scores or any news that may pop off.