Photo Credit: Glasgow Daily Times
It’s February and college interest, visits, and commitments are sure to continue heating up around Kentucky. Prep Hoops covers a weeks worth of recruiting news from around the Bluegrass State here:
- Pendleton County’s 2019 prospect Dontaie Allen picked up another D1 scholarship offer on Saturday after visiting Illinois State and taking in their game against Evansville. You can now add that to a list that consists of offers from Winthrop, IUPUI, Morehead State, Eastern Kentucky, and Northern Kentucky. He is averaging 31.3 points and 11.3 rebounds per game.
- A number of programs have been reaching out about Bryan Station point guard Eric Boone. Boone was offered by D2’s Kentucky State and Kentucky Wesleyan back in December. Lately, JUCO’s Wabash Valley, Salt Lake Community College, Eastern Florida and D2 Lenoir-Rhyne have show some interest. Boone is averaging 20.5 points and 11.3 rebounds per game.
- Bowling Green senior G/F Jarius Key has picked up another JUCO offer, this time from Columbia State. Key currently holds other offers from Georgetown College, Campbellsville (both NAIA).
- Barren County senior G/F Jared Coomer continues to blow up. He just received his first D1 scholarship offer from the Air Force Academy. Coomer also holds NAIA offers from Campbellsville, Lindsey Wilson, Pikeville, and IU East.
- Pierce Kiesler continues to be shown interest from a number of D2 programs. The St. Xavier senior forward is averaging 18.3 points and 8 rebounds per game. He currently holds offers from Ohio Dominican and Wheeling Jesuit.
- Brennan Hall, 2018 guard prospect from Newport Central Catholic, will be visiting top NAIA school William Penn later this month. He currently holds another NAIA offer from Our Lady of the Lake (TX).
- Meade County’s Aiden Matthews has visited NAIA’s Asbury and Midway University, and continues to gain interest from other small college programs from around the state. Matthews, a forward, is averaging 20.7 points and 7 rebounds for the Green Wave.
- George Rogers Clark’s senior big man Will Philpot has been shown interest as of late from D3 Centre College and NAIA’s Asbury and Midway University. Philpot is a walking double-double, averaging 13 points and 10 rebounds per game.