It’s February and college interest, visits, and commitments are sure to continue heating up around Kentucky. Prep Hoops covers a weeks worth of recruiting news from around the Bluegrass State here:
- University Height’s standout 2019 prospect Dekeyvan Tandy received an offer from Tennessee. The Volunteers offer added on to a list that already consists of Florida, New Mexico State, Western Kentucky, and Oklahoma.
- 2019 David Johnson (Louisville Trinity) visited Louisville on Saturday on an unofficial. The Cardinals were playing host to North Carolina. Johnson had originally committed to Louisville last summer before de-committing earlier this season.
- Louisville also hosted 2021 top ranked guard Zion Harmon (Adair County). Harmon also has offers from Creighton, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.
- Asbury University (NAIA) was at Bryan Station for Tuesday’s match-up with Taylor County to watch 2018 prospect Terrence Clayton-Murphy. Clayton-Murphy was also in attendance for Asbury’s game vs. Cincinnati Christian on Saturday.
- University of Pikeville (NAIA) picked up a huge commitment last week, adding 2019 Perry County Central graduate Damon Tobler. Tobler is currently playing with Believe Academy out of Athens, TN. He had held offers from D1 programs Samford, Winthrop, and Tennesse Tech. A big-time pickup for Coach Kelly Wells.
- According to Pendleton County head coach Keaton Belcher, West Virginia and Kansas State reached out about standout 2019 wing prospect Dontaie Allen. Allen currently offers from Winthrop, IUPUI, Morehead State, Eastern Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, and Illinois State.