Nevada basketball has a very short schedule or at least it ends faster than most states nearby us. By Saturday we will be down to who goes to State playoffs or close to it. Here are some players who stood out in the first round of playoffs.
- Brian Washington (Cimmaron-Memorial): finished the night with 20 points and 12 boards vs. Bishop Gorman to end his career. Brian has done very well this year and earned every bucket that night.
- Cam Burist (Liberty): Cam led all scorers to put up 32 points as a Senior to push his team thru to the second round. Not too shabby after scoring 23 against Coronado the game before.
- Kamari Burnside (Desert Oasis): He had a great stat filled night to help his team win a close game. 23 pts, 6 rbs, 4 ast, 6 steals and 1 block
- Elijah Koth (Faith Lutheran): Elijah has been one of the consistent factors moving forward on that team. That first round game he put up 18 pts, 14 rbs to help beat Sierra Vista. Faith Lutheran is a tough team who plays well together.
- Jalen Hill (Clark): Hill led his team with 22 points to beat Centennial in the first round. They only won by 6 points so it was a closer game than most expected. Jalen recently picked up an offer from Florida State.
- Kevin Legardy (Canyon Springs) As usual he scored some big numbers and provided a spark to put his team out in front. This game he provided 36 points to lead all scorers.
- Jaden Hardy (Coronado) This is sounding all too familiar with a 28 point outing and easily winning at Eldorado. Hardy is a matchup nightmare for other teams.
- Dalton Kincaid (Faith Lutheran): I know we already mentioned a player from this school but Dalton had 19 pts and 11 rebounds so that is pretty impressive. Faith gets a tough matchup against Clark HS in round two. This will be a pretty interesting game to watch.
Key Matchups for Round 2
Clark vs Faith Lutheran: These two have an old feud from the 4a division or their previous division they were in. These games were tough despite Clark having the upper hand. Faith Lutheran is not as filled with D1 caliber talent but they have discipline and a plan to follow. Clark should win this game but I expect this to be hard after the removal of Woodbury and the team playing with a lot of pressure this year. Clark only went 6 players deep in the previous game against Centennial so fatigue could come into play.
Liberty vs. Canyon Springs: These are both stellar teams as of late but one is led by strong individual players and the other has a system for getting up tempo better than anyone. Canyon lacks the ability of a Burist or Strawther but they are well coached with Freddie Banks and Kevin Legardy seems to be enough to battle with anyone. If I was betting on a game than I would stay away from this. It will be an exceptional matchup between styles of play.