We are only halfway through this week but there has been plenty of headlines over the past few days to go along with some top basketball games, so let’s get started.
- One of the top unsigned seniors in the state is officially off the board now as Bull City Prep Guard Malique Jacobs has signed with Hutch Community College in Kansas. Jacobs started his high school career at New Hanover HS for the first two years and has been absolutely tremendous over the last two season with Bull City Prep.
- Costal Christian Forward Michael Parker is headed to Salisbury University, he committed recently and will be a very nice pickup for the team. At 6’5 with a nice skillset overall he should be a player that can make contributions to this team very early so schools should stay on the lookout for him.
- Farmville Central Sophomore Justin Wright season may have ended on Tuesday night but this young man didn’t let his team go down without a fight. Wright finished with 21 points, 9 rebounds, 4 Assist and 3 steals in the loss to Greene Central.
- Overhills HS Junior Guard Zavian McLean was named PAC 9 Conference Player of the Year after a big time season. McLean averaged 24 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assist per game and is a player that should have offers already at this point. Not only is he a tremendous athlete but he also is a great student and a high character young man.
- Hoke County HS Unsigned Senior Guard Dakari Johnson was named SAC Player Of The Year and finished with over 2,000 points in his high school career. Johnson is another player that is very much under recruited and should have offers from some D1 programs.
- South Central HS Junior Luke Davis may gain some twitter followers after his game winning basket to help his squad defeat the #1 seeded garner HS Trojans. Davis has a nice game overall with the ability to score from multiple spots on the floor as well as rebounding and defending.
- Terry Sanford HS Unsigned Senior Wing Holt Walker stock continues to rise as he has picked up some more offers from schools such as Brunswick Community College.
- It’s been about a week since the news dropped but Jones Senior HS Guard Janari Hill has verbally committed to Elizabeth City State University. Hill is a quick and crafty guard that can fill it up as we saw during the season when he went for 64 points in a single game.