Mother Nature took away some much anticipated games this weekend and as a result, little movement was noted in the Division I Dayton Power Rankings. However, Flyin to the Hoop allowed several teams to shine and opened the door for a new team this week. Here are the updated Dayton Power Rankings in Division I.
- Wayne (11-0)- This weekend was supposed to be a big weekend for the Warriors, however 2 of their 3 games were cancelled due to weather. In their one game, the Warriors dominated St. Vincent-St. Mary from Akron 68-57. The win solidified that they are the #1 team in Dayton for the 2nd week in a row.
- Springfield (10-0)- The Wildcats pulled off an incredible win Sunday night as they defeated a talented Cleveland Heights team 73-67 in overtime. The Wildcats were led by junior RaHeim Moss (2019) during the game as well as senior Leonard Taylor (2018). The Wildcats were scheduled to play Wayne on Friday, however the weather kept the game from happening.
- Butler (11-1)- The Aviators rattled off 2 big wins as they defeated Stebbins and Bellefontaine on the road over the weekend. There are still questions on the strength of schedule the Aviators have, but one thing is for sure: this team plays defense and is truly a top 5 team in Dayton.
- Fairmont (9-3)- After defeating Lebanon last week, the Firebirds fell to Spire Academy 80-70. Jack Hendricks (2018) had another big game scoring 29 points in the loss, but the Firebirds just ran out of gas at the end of the game. They hold their spot at #4 going into next week.
- Miamisburg (8-3)- The Vikings make their Power Rankings debut after a big win against Mountain Mission School 65-54. Jason Hubbard (2018) had 32 points in the win and is playing some great basketball right now. The Vikings are currently on a 4 game win streak including a victory over previously ranked Lebanon.
Next 3 In: (Alphabetical order)