Wednesday night was a great night of basketball this season with most teams competing across Washington. We will run through a top 10 list of last night’s Washington action.
- Timberline beat Peninsula but for Peninsula that is a good confidence builder only losing by 5 to the #3 ranked team.
- Auburn Mountain View beat Jefferson in a very physical game. Both teams scored over 35+ in the paint and it came down to who could finish at the rim through contact.
- Timberlake beat River side. Good win for a team I think will be quite tough.
- North Thurston beat Gig Harbor. Jeremy Spencer had a solid game scoring 19 points to lead the rams over the tides. Though the scored shows a 26 point victory. Most of the tides points were during garbage time. The Rams dismantled the tides attack.
- Lincoln went to town against Mount Tahoma. Not exactly a surprise as the Abes are on the way up but a very good win for them.
- Federal Way beat Auburn Riverside 100-50. This game was over after the first 5 minutes. The eagles pressure defense was too much for Auburn.
- North Kitsap beat Bremerton 70-38 which proves North Kitsap is a force to be reckoned with. There front line is as good as anybody’s in the league right now.
- Kentwood beat Kennedy Catholic. Always cheering for Kentwood to get things going. The kids there deserve it.
- Enumclaw takes the W against Todd Beamer. Good win for a program that took a turn last year.
- Wilson hands Bethel a serious butt whooping. Wilson came out on fire from 3 point land and it stayed that way throughout the course of the game.
- I thought that Shelton would give a better effort vs capital but capital high school was to physical in the paint and over powered the high climbers.
- Woodland last year wasn’t a very good team. I thought Elma would have given them some issues on the wing with there 3 point threats.
- Black Hills let this game against Camas get away from them. They were in the game all the up until they made some key turnovers in the 4th quarter which stretched the lead.
- Bear Creek lost a tough game mainly because of there lack of rebounding. Bush got 2nd and 3rd opportunities and when that happens you can’t win a game.
- Mount Vernon Christian took a bad loss mainly because they couldn’t hit a shot. They went 0-12 in the first 7 minutes before scoring a point.
- Lake Oswego is a team that is rebuilding and has a lot of young talent. They lost to a experienced Sky view team.
- Touchet is a small school in a big league. Walla Walla has some very talented and seasoned players and pushed a very small Touchet team around.
- North Creek has lost the last 7 meetings against Skyline. This was a game that started off with who could have the most possessions. North Creek lost that battle.
- Priest River is a very inexperienced team. There post player is about 6’4 and is very undersized. Newport was just bigger, stronger and executed when they needed to.
- Rogers has improved in a multitude of way. They have bigger post and quicker guards. Though they are up and coming. They were no match for Shadle Park and there physicality.