Thursday night was a great night of basketball this season with most teams competing across Washington. We will run through a top 10 list of last night’s Washington action.
- Richland defeats Orem in convincing fashion. Riley Sorn kept richland in this game. His big play isn’t surprising considering that he is standing 7 foot 3. Olem will go into next game with confidence only using by 3 points.
- Adna crushes Onalaska. Adna has a real legitmate front court this season and they will be a handful for other teams in that league.
- Morton/White Pass beats Rainier 69-38. Matthew Poquette is a monster on the court. He can rebound, score and defend at multiple positions. This game displayed how versatile his skill set is.
- Life Christian Academy starts 3-0 by defeating Raymond 82-38. Omari Maulana lead the way with 23 points and down right was unstoppable when driving to the basket. Eric Overgaard pitched in with 19 points. They will be tested this week when they face Cascade Christian.
- Lynden defeats Archbishop Murphy 62-28 and they won in the paint. They outrebounded them by 15+ and had 15+ transition points. Lyden this year has a strong back court and can match up with anybody in the league.
- Napavine defeats Pe Eli 83-36. The game was over in the first half. Napavine took the game over by pressuring full court and getting in the open court by forcing turnovers. They took the air out of the game early. Pe Eli is still a developing program and they will only get better as the games go on.
- Willapa Valley beats North Beach 72-58. North Beach was overmatched physically in this game Willapa took control on the defensive end and made it tought for North Beach to get back in the game.
- Cascade beat Glacier Peak 45-36. Glacier Peak has a star on there hand. Trey Lawrence is a definite D2 recruit. This game they ran a lot of box and one and tried to get the ball out of his hands. He is by nature a true pass first point guard. Cascade used there speed to take the game over.
- Knappa beats IIwaco 56-48. This was a surprise mainly because there was a substantial height difference in this game and the rebounding numbers were out of control. However Knappa was able to use there speed and defensive pressure to take this game.
- Pope John Paul II beats Quilcene 56-32. This game was a weird one because Quilcene came in the heavy favorite due to there back court power. All of there guards can shoot a high percentage from the 3 point line. Pope John Paul II defensively took it to another level.
- Easton loses to Riverside Christian 43-64. This game was a tail of the front court and what they could bring each half. Rebounding was a big key in this game and Riverside won that battle 36-25. That changed the whole complexity of the game.
- Montesano loses to Lake Quinault 60-32. Montesano just flat out wanted this game more. Lose balls, defensive stops and key rebounds were the deciding factor. This game was won on that front.
- University Prep loses to Bellevue Christian 64-33. Bellevue Christian didn’t look like the team from last years where they were a rebounding power house. Bellevue Christian has some work to do and they have some young players still learning how to play the game.
- Rainier Christian got dismantled by Muckleshoot Tribal 26-112. A 80 point victory says it all. They played with more heart, passion and grit. Muckleshoot came out with a point to prove. Rainier Christian just showed up. I look forward in seeing how they bounce back.
- Graham-Kapowsin loses to Rogers 41-60. Rogers came out in this game ready to fight and they took this fight serious right from jump ball. Rogers had a bigger front court and guards were more skilled on both ends of the court.
- Cle Elum-Roslyn loses to Warden 40-64. Warden’s Martinez scored a team high 16 points and played a big role down the stretch with some key buckets in the paint. Richins added 11 points and Hardman added 11 as well. The attack was very balanced.