With college prospects taking advantage of official and unofficial visits., offers and commitments are heating up around Kentucky. PHKY looks at the most recent recruiting news and updates from around the Bluegrass:
- Scott County’s Michael Moreno (2019) took an un-official visit to Ohio State on December 16th. The Buckeyes hosted one of Kentucky’s top prospects while taking on Appalachian State. Moreno currently holds offers from Miami (OH), Iowa, Northern Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, IUPUI, and Bradley.
- Barren County’s Jared Coomer (2018) was just offered by the University of Pikeville yesterday. Coomer has been offered by Campbellsville and Lindsey wilson, also. All three programs are members of the NAIA and play in one of the top conferences in the country (Mid-South). Coomer also has interest from Asbury University.
- UPike also offered Jared Coomer’s older brother, Wade Coomer, while both were visiting campus. Wade was orginally slated to play at D-1 Coastal Carolina before moving on to Olney Central Community College (JUCO).
- Waggener’s Jaago “J.J.” Kalakon (2019) was watched by Lipscomb University during Waggener’s game v.s. Scott County yesterday. Kalakon currently holds offers from Morehead State, Robert Morris and Southeast Missouri State.
- Estill County’s Caleb Bonny (2018) is picking up interest from Centre College (D-3) and Asbury University (NAIA). Bonny is averaging over 20 points per game while Estill County is considered to be a contender to win the 14th Region.
- George Rogers Clark’s Brennan Canada (2019) was watched by Air Force this past week in the Cardinals’ win against Ashland. Canada is averaging just over 13 points per game while shooting over 40% from the field.
- Elizabethtown’s Darius Harding (2018) picked up an offer from Campbellsville University (NAIA). He has interest from Indiana Tech (NAIA), Kentucky Wesleyan (D-2), Rochester (NY), and Lindenwood (D-2). Harding is averaging 25 points and 6 rebounds per game.