Tuesday night was the first full night of basketball this season with most teams competing across Minnesota. NHR Daily runs through a top ten list of last night’s Minnesota action.
- Chisago Lakes beating Zimmerman is a good confidence builder
- Ada-Borup and Fosston are two quality northern squads and Ada-Borup’s six point win was key for them.
- Sauk Centre over BBE. Good win for a team I think will be quite tough.
- Brooklyn Center over Breck 86-83. David Roddy is playing and had a big night which is great to hear. Top ten ranked BC gets the W over a key AA opponent.
- Cambridge beat Blaine by ten. Not exactly a surprise as the Bluejackets are on the way up but a very good win for them.
- Joe Janquart gets that big win over New Prague which is important for Lakeville South in section play.
- Minnetonka over Monticello by a dozen. Good win for a Skippers team who I think will be better than you think.
- South St Paul beat St. Croix Prep. Always cheering for SSP to get things going. The kids there deserve it.
- Coon Rapids over White Bear Lake by a point. Good win for a program that took a turn last year.
- Park over Sibley by a lot and Coach Mike Weah gets his first win.
- Springfield is my Class A number one but a 110-75 win over Cedar Mountain Comfrey? Goodness. Not sure if Springfield is that beastly or CMC is not as top ten good as I thought they would be. That’s an eye-opening scoring putting everyone on notice.
- Lots of hype going the New London-Spicer way but those veteran guards and wings at Minnewaska earned a 12 point victory over the Wildcats. I believe people kept sending me “you’re sleeping on on NLS” tweets at some point. Maybe stray away from trash talking on twitter until the team finds it’s grove? The guys that may have actually been slept on were the seniors from Minnewaska grinding in the gym. Guys like Jackson Johnsrud, Garrett Jensen, and Matt Gruber.
- Windom knocks off a WWG team that was on the verge of being ranked. They were pretty much the next time up but not any more.
- Blake beat Holy Angels by 13 and this is without Jack Moe? Good coaching!
- Shakopee crushed Jefferson? That really caught me of guard.
- Heard a lot about the Pine City style of play but the winds of the Southwest Minneapolis Lakers blew the threes from the Pines in the wrong directions.
- Andover beat Rogers. That is a really good win for the defending 7AAAA champs and they did it by double figures.
- Caledonia over Rushford-Peterson is not a surprise. Winning 62-36 is the surprise.
- Hibbing smashed Mesabi East. That’s something I did not see coming.
- Breckenridge lost to Hawley? Wow.
- Braham over Rush City 74-37. The Bombers may not be playing for a title this year but they keep winning games up there.
- BSM traveled, or maybe team jogged as a warm-up, just down the road to play and lose to Edina by nine.
- EP over Burnsville by nine. EP won but the Blaze battled.
- DeLaSalle beat Concordia 99-46.
- Apple Valley over Armstrong by 30 something.
- Park Center over St. Louis Park by nine.
- Tartan beat Richfield by 18. the Titans have all new guys but not new results.
- Good bounce back win for Fergus Falls beating Rocori by ten.
- Marshall beat Redwood Valley 71-36. The Tigers just keep earning wins year after year. More and more players just coming through.
- Mankato East over Waseca earns themselves a win proving their higher ranking.