Region 5 has some very talented players spread across the region. The Region is highlighted by Woods Cross high school as they dominated the region last year. We are highlighting the top 5 players this year in Region 5. The Region includes Woods Cross, Highlight, Bountiful, East, Ogden, Bonneville, and Box Elder. Here is our list.
- Trevin Knell (Woods Cross) The 6’5 senior guard is one of the most prolific scorers in the state. As a junior he averaged over 21 points per game in route to leading the Wildcats to a semi-final appearance. Knell is the #2 ranked player in Utah and should have a good senior year before suiting up for the University of California next year.
- Hunter Clarke (Ogden) The 6’4 guard did it all for Tigers last season. Clarke averaged over 16 points per game and was a playmaker all over the court. Hunter should have a big year for tigers and could finally put the Tigers back into the playoffs. Clarke is a D2 and junior college prospect.
- Max Watson (Box Elder) The 6’4 guard proved during his sophomore season that he is one of the most prolific scorers in the state of Utah. Watson averaged over 17 points per game and caused major headaches for defenses. Watson didn’t waste any time in his season opener of his junior campaign by scoring 30 points against Northridge High School. Watson is the #5 ranked player in the class of 2018 in Utah. Watson is a low D one to mid-major D1 prospect.
- Mikey Frazier (East) The 6’9 junior big man is ready to show off his skill set this season. Frazier didn’t play much as a sophomore but after getting in better shape and playing with Utah Exum Elite, Frazier is a different player. Frazier has the ability to step out and shoot the three ball with consistency and also play with his back to the basket. Frazier is a mid major to high major D1 prospect.
- Cameron Allen ( Woods Cross) The 6’4 senior forward was a huge part of the Wildcats success last season. With Knell getting much of the attention, Allen goes a bit unnoticed. Last season Allen averaged over 10 points per game and was a deadly three point shooter. Allen is a mid-level juco, D3 and NAIA prospect