Posted On: 01/12/16 4:46 PM
|Ranking||Team||Record||Key Wins||Key Losses||Last Week|
|4||Morris Area||2-0||Paynesville Area, LQPV||4|
|7||Maple River||2-0||Belle Plaine, Lourdes||7|
|9||Pequot Lakes||1-0||Pine River-Backus||9|
- Maple River beat WEM knocking them out with a solid twelve point win. So why did they drop? Because the Maple River/Montevideo game has been reported differently in spots and the last we looked Maple River had won that game which was not true. Or did they? Either way, they have played well but a loss to Montevideo does drop them a bit even though it was awhile ago. If you look at the seven teams in front of them, the only loss close to that is Minnehaha’s loss to Northfield.
- Added Esko as they have a lot of solid wins and the losses are better than a lot of the teams we are considering. Tonight they play Crosby-Ironton and the winner of that definitely has a leg up.
- Enter Eden Valley-Watkins who has lost just once and that was in overtime to Pierz. The wins, they are okay. With what they lost the 10-1 start is a credit to the coaching and the program there.
- What about Annandale? They have lost two of three (Morris and Watertown-Mayer) but are still 11-2.
- Watertown-Mayer? Some really good wins there but they didn’t compete well in a loss to Melrose, lost to Jordan in overtime, and lost to Rockford. That’s too much for the top ten right now.
- Top eight not much you can do in terms of movement as everybody won besides Caledonia beating St. Charles.
|Ranking||Team||Record||Key Wins||Key Losses||Last|
|1||Sleepy Eye-Saint Mary's||2-0||TMB, MCC||2|
|8||Central Minnesota Christian||1-0||ACGC||8|
- North took on the challenge of the fourth ranked team in Class A, opened the gym to their community (and CMC filled their share), and the Polars smacked them by 30. Keep in mind, North also played Spring Grove over the summer and smacked them too. Spring Grove is 2nd in state.
- Spring Grove lost over the weekend in a game played in the Wisconsin Dells to a Wisconsin team called Lake Mills.
- Looking for proof on Hillcrest Lutheran? They beat Battle Lake recently. And a program from Park Christian who are best wishes still go out to.
- Cass Lake-Bena knocked off ranked Nevis AND Red Lake last week. Impressive.
- Pine River-Backus, they have beat Cass Lake-Bena and Nevis.
- Browerville with a nice win over Pine River-Backus
- Who is right there? CHOF although the schedule is still quite less than what ranked teams have played. MN Valley Lutheran is close. North Woods falls just out after the South Ridge loss.
- What about Springfield? They lost to MN Valley Lutheran and are 10-3
- Added Cleveland who is already 16-0. Schedule, it’s very very soft. But they demolishing that schedule night after night and they beat St. Clair which is a nice win so in the go.