During the fall we will get you caught up with a weekend roundup every Monday with the happenings from the last couple days. Things can be busy with visits, offers, commitments, and much more.
Three Come Off The Board
As we wrote this morning, Indiana saw three 2016 players make commitments since Friday. Braxton Linville of NorthWood is heading to Grace, Keegan Northern of Martinsville is going to the University of Indianapolis, and Mason Degenkolb of Tipton is heading to Taylor University.
It wouldn't be surprising to see a few more make commitments in the next few weeks. Some are taking visits to schools that have newly offered and depending upon their position at the time it is very probable that some decide to pull the trigger.
Goshen Holds Elite Camp, Charlie Warner And Others Visit
August is the month for Elite Camps. This past weekend was Goshen College's and they pulled in a good crowd. Heading the list was Charlie Warner of Westfield.
The high academic student has really come onto the radar of a lot of small school programs because of his scoring ability, size, and academics. He's got size at 6'5 with the ability to score in a ton of ways. Can post 20 or more points in about any game he plays in and with academics being so good, many schools see him as a low risk, high reward guy.
Head coach Neal Young also had plenty of other talent on campus including Devan Straub, Alex Eberhard, and Jacob Tolliver.
Ball State Hosts Slew Of 2017 Talent
A lot of programs have different tactics on getting kids on campus and one of the best ways is to bring a bunch of them in at one time. That is the method that Ball State went with this past weekend.
They wanted to host some of their top 2017 targets and most of them made it up to the Muncie, Indiana campus. Kobe Webster, Jalen Adaway, Alex King, and Jack Nunge all made their way up. Webster just picked up an offer and Adaway, King, and Nunge have had theirs for a couple weeks.
It's still a little ways off but these four guys would make up a great class. All are getting looks at the high major level so things are bound to change but it is great to see head coach James Whitford get his target on guys quickly.
NBCSports Reports Isaac Humphries To Commit To Kentucky
Scott Phillips of NBCSports.com reported this weekend that 2016 La Lumiere center Isaac Humphries was set to visit and possibly commit to Kentucky this morning. He was working on reclassifying to 2015 and Kentucky was one of the schools he had interest in.
As of Monday morning, Humphries has yet to commit but has visited the campus. Humphries is one of the top players in the 2016 class and if he moved to 2015 would likely fit in the Top 3.
New Offers This Weekend:
- Alex King – 6'8 | 2017 | Columbus North – Northern Kentucky offered
- Adida Ikongshul – 6'5 | 2016 | Madison – Austin Peay offered
- Peyton Staples – 6'7 | 2016 | Mishawaka – Hillsdale offered
- Kobe Webster – 5'10 | 2017 | Park Tudor – Ball State offered
- Zach Gunn – 6'7 | 2017 | Hamilton Southeastern – Saint Louis offered
- Cooper Neese – 6'4 | 2017 | Cloverdale – Indiana State offered
- Grant Gelon – 6'6 | 2016 | Crown Point – Western Michigan on 8/3, UIC on 8/4
- Chris Palombizio – 6'6 | 2016 | Don Bosco – Miami (OH) on 8/3
- Romeo Langford – 6'4 | 2018 | New Albany – Louisville on 8/2
- Ra Kpedi – 6'8 | 2017 | Lawrence North – IUPUI on 8/3, WIU on 9/15
- Kevin Easley – 6'5 | 2018 | Lawrence North – IUPUI on 8/3
- Antwaan Cushingberry – 5'7 | 2018 | Lawrence North – IUPUI on 8/3
- Colten Garland – 6'0 | 2016 | Washington – Grand Valley State on 8/3, Wabash on 8/3
- Erik Bell – 5'10 | 2016 | Evansville Bosse – Ohio Dominican on 8/1
- Paul Scruggs – 6'2 | 2017 | Southport – Louisville on 8/8